Well the refit has begun. Scott was in Stuart FL for a week and it must have been boring as he texted and called home often! The electronics upgrade in the pilot house is awesome, and we added music speakers for the cockpit and flybridge. Engine work has been completed (or almost). Destry sent more options for beautiful fabrics after her return from China and the big N120 launch to Hong Kong then North America. I can't post "before and after" pics until I have an AFTER, so please be patient. The last voyage of Capella occurred July 16, 2013. I don't really know the entire story, but I received a pic of her "stuck" at low tide!
In true peri-menopausal fashion, I cried and Scott said "Not to worry!"
At the end of the day, No Harm-No Foul, and she is now being stored "on the hard" ready for her new launch in November as our beloved Tabula Rasa.
On July 12, 2013 the mechanical repairs were completed and most of the electronic upgrades were completed as well. This was the beginning of the transformation from Capella to Tabula Rasa. The transformation will continue through the end of October while the boat is on hard.
For the next four days it poured down rain. Come to think of it, it has rained every single day that I have been in Stuart so far. During that period I took a million measurements for Paula's Foo Foo Refit. I am still waiting to see what the so called "Soft Upgrade" is going to cost? Do you think they know and are just not telling me? Hmmm.
On July 16, 2013 we moved the boat to Hinckley. The rain stopped long enough for us to move the boat without getting wet. The team consulted with Hinckley and reviewed the tide timetable, the depth at Hinckely's lift, and did some new math for the appropriate time to reach Hinckely's. We arrived on time thanks to Nordhavn Ron's piloting skills. However, when we pulled into the lift we found an error in the modern math used and the actual depth at the lift. We basically were in the mud and the lift crew could not get the straps underneath the boat. Technically one might consider this a grounding. And since the common belief is everyone has one in their career I am taking credit for this one as the one of MY career. We had to wait for about 3 hours for the tide to rise to a level that the crew could get the straps under the boat. Mission accomplished and the boat is now "on hard" until the end of October.
Scott and Paula